Invisalign is a series of clear, removable aligners that gradually straighten your teeth. These custom-made, clear orthodontic devices cover your teeth and gently pull them into the proper position over time. This treatment option is an effective and discreet solution for those who want to improve their smile with straighter teeth.
What can Invisalign fix?
Invisalign is capable of correcting a variety of tooth maladies, including overcrowding and misalignment, and is appropriate for teens and adults looking for a subtle tooth straightening method. In addition to discretion, Invisalign aligners offer the following benefits:
- Convenience: Invisalign trays can be removed to accommodate meals, showering, and special occasions.
- Comfort: Invisalign aligners are made from SmartTrack material, which is more elastic and easier to insert than traditional clear aligners.
- Customization: Invisalign aligners are specially trimmed to match your gum line, ensuring an optimum fit.
Invisalign provides patients with a special cleaning solution that helps eliminate harmful bacteria and foul odors from collecting in your trays. Other methods to preserve your trays include cleaning them with a clear, antibacterial soap, brushing them with a soft-bristled toothbrush, and regularly rinsing to prevent the buildup of food particles.
Is Invisalign Right for Me?
Invisalign is the right choice for patients with minor to moderate orthodontic problems. It may be a great choice for you if you aren’t expecting immediate results, want the benefit of braces without the metal brackets, and have a solid at-home oral hygiene routine.
Invisalign cannot fix dental cases that are too severe, such as large gaps and tooth shape. More advanced orthodontic procedures would be necessary for these cases. However, as long as the dental case isn’t overly severe, Invisalign may be able to treat it.
What Issues Does Invisalign Solve?
Invisalign can resolve many orthodontic issues, including:
- Gaps between teeth
- Crowding of the teeth
- Open bite
- Crossbite (Underbite)
What are Some Benefits of Undergoing Treatment with Invisalign?
Invisalign is becoming increasingly popular for those who want to create a perfect smile without having clunky braces. Here are some benefits of undergoing Invisalign treatment:
- No food restrictions. With Invisalign, you can eat anything you want. You will just have to remove your Invisalign tray beforehand.
- Invisible. Invisalign trays are invisible, so you can still smile confidently while straightening your teeth. This is a great option for anyone who wants to live life without the clunky brackets and wires that show when you smile.
- Comfortable. Invisalign is much more comfortable to wear since there are no wires or brackets that can cut the inside of your mouth. The invisible trays are smooth and won’t irritate your mouth.
- Improved cleanliness. Invisalign trays are removable and easy to clean. Simply remove the trays, brush your teeth, and pop them back in. When you need to clean the trays, brush and rinse them with your toothbrush.
- Improved dental health. Invisalign helps straighten your teeth, which is great for your overall dental health. Less crowding and gaps in your smile will make it easier to care for your teeth.
What Does the Invisalign Fitting Process Entail?
Before you receive Invisalign clear aligners, you will need to have a consultation with your dentist to discuss your smile goals and what to expect from treatment. Once you’ve decided that Invisalign is right for you, your dentist will create a custom plan for you. Your dentist will start by taking digital x-rays, impressions, and photographs of your teeth. These records are sent to the Invisalign company along with the specifics of the goal of treatment. Invisalign technicians will input your information into their software and it will generate a 3-D rendering of your teeth. The aligners will be created and sent to our office, where you will pick them up.